Some students with disabilities have special testing needs. Eligible students can apply to SSD for accommodations for the PSAT/NMSQT, the SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT and Advanced Placement Program® (AP) Exams. SAT
- How to Apply for Testing Accommodations
- The College Board provides a broad range of accommodations to eligible students. Accommodations must be applied for and approved before they can be used.
- Accommodations Requests
- Most students get help applying for accommodations from their school counselor and SSD Coordinator. The process can be completed online or on paper. All the necessary information must be provided for a request to be considered. Applying online may save time and get students a faster response.
- Deadlines for Submission
- Reviewing accommodations requests takes approximately seven weeks. Start the process during freshman year if possible. Students who receive accommodations can use them throughout their high school careers. Once approved, it’s not necessary to reapply.
- To request accommodations for an administration of the ACT, examinees must first:
- create an ACT web account, or log in to an existing account
- register for a test date
- When registering to test, examinees must determine what accommodations will meet their needs
Click on this Link for further details: Services for Students with Disabilities/ACT