- Student shall have a completed sports physical examination before acceptance as a squad member or is permitted to engage in tryouts or practice of junior varsity or varsity athletics.
- Student must have sports physicals during the period of May 1 of the current school year through June 30 of the succeeding year to participate in athletic activities.
- Students must have the “Concussion Information For Parents and Athletes” on file with the athletic director.
Hampton City Schools 2.0 GPA Policy:
- Policy is in effect for all high school students.
- Students must earn a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) the semester prior to participation in an activity.
- Students who earn an “F” in any core classes or class required for graduation will not be allowed to participate in after-school activities or events. Core classes are defined as any class requiring a SOL end-of-course test.
- Tutoring sessions will be offered for students in their respective schools.
- Students not meeting the 2.0 GPA requirements will be able to apply for a one-time waiver during his/her high school career.