Considering a Career in the Military?
- The Military has become highly selective in their quest for finding suitable recruits for the various branches.
- Students who are interested in pursing this vocation will need to start by their Junior year in researching each branch pertaining to what they offer in the way of incentives and career opportunities.
- Particular branches offer early sign on bonuses while other branches offer opportunities to earn a college degree while in service.
- Take a moment to click onto the various Branches listed on the left of this page.
- Visit the Guidance Office to obtain the phone numbers for the local recruiters for our area or simply call the contact numbers in the websites for each branch. They are ready to meet with you and answer your questions.
- A common question is brought up when considering going for your GED and having a desire to go into the Military. Please be advised that recruiters, depending on the branch of service, are authorized to accept a small number of GED students. High School and College graduates, by far, represent the largest population of military recruits.
- Students who complete 3 years of JROTC during their High School coursework are eligible to enlist in the service at a higher pay grade if they qualify to enter the branch of service they wish to enlist in. Please see your JROTC instructor or call any Recruiting office from any branch for more information.
- Another deciding factor in becoming selected to join a branch of service is determined by the score you receive on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, otherwise known as the ASVAB.
- The ASVAB is offered at Hampton High School during the months of November and March. Listen for the the announcements and sign up in Guidance. There is no fee associated with this test
- Your score is good for 2 years however your last score that you earn is the one used by the military not your highest score.
- Each Military branch has its own Military Entrance Score required to join that branch.
- Click onto the following button for a breakdown of Military Entrance Scores for each branch of service.